Tuesday 3 February 2015

Guest List

While the world waits with bated breath ( whatever that means ) for the next pulsating post on this absurdly inconsistent blog
( Album number 15, The Soft Bulletin ) I thought I'd share with you a favourite albums list from the mighty John Pitt. John has been a very generous supporter of my half-baked blogging efforts, both here and over at The Glass Walking-Stick, so it's a pleasure to present his rundown of Classic Rock, complete with liner notes. Take it away, Mr P...

The Beatles - the White Album
John Lennon - Imagine
Paul & Wings - Band On The Run
The Stones - Through The Past Darkly -( now I know this isn't a studio album, but a collection, but I chose this for nostalgic reasons )
The Who - Tommy
T. Rex - The Slider
David Bowie - Hunky Dory
Slade - Old, New,Borrowed & Blue
Queen - A Night At The Opera
Rod Stewart - Never A Dull Moment
Cream - Disraeli Gears
Led Zeppelin - II
Pink Floyd - The Wall -( I did have Hendrix's Are You Experienced, but someone beat me to it!)
Simon & Garfunkel - Bookends
Paul Weller - Stanley Road.
So there you have it - nowhere near as diverse a choice as yours, but, hey, I am an old-timer, after all!

I have to confess that I only own three of those albums myself
( Bowie, Zep and Floyd ) but I could certainly see myself parting with a few quid for a handful more  -  Band On The Run, Disraeli Gears and A Night At The Opera are all albums that I've always meant to buy but not actually got round to. Must try harder :-)
Thanks again to John for his list and if anyone else would like to comment on these albums or send me a list of their own faves please feel free to do so.




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing my first 15 with the world on your blog, Simon. Obviously, I limited myself to only one per artist and they're in no particular order, other than how they entered my head.
    Just like yourself, I immediately came up with 15 more!
    And to all you people out there in blogland, remember, I'm not saying that these are the 15 best albums ever, or that you should like them too. It's simply 15 that I love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem, John! It was a pleasure to share your choices.

    ReplyDelete